Winemaking activities in South Tyrol
"Power lies in calm": this is how Lothar J. Seiwert defines the "strategy of the bear". In fact, these animals symbolize a great calm and indisputable power, thanks to their extraordinary ability to shape bodies and the mind relaxes completely and uses all its strength only when necessary.
We wanted to adopt this way of behavior, making it our philosophy of life. We also find this property in our wine: the fine bouquet is combined in it with a powerful taste. We also experience this maxim in our environment, behind whose external joy lies the life force of a healthy nature. Even in everyday life, the strength of calm is palpable, which reduces tension and increases energy reserves.
Precisely for this reason, we invite you to come and visit us in the vineyards of South Tyrol and in particular to dive into Lake Caldaro. You will discover your little universe of fragrant vineyards and dewy meadows, verdant slopes, pointed peaks and crystalline lakes fed by rushing streams. An enchanting place where you can get lost and then find your way again.
Wine and Hasslhof, as well as the various wine events in South Tyrol
Hotel Hasslhof is a wine hotel. The vineyards, grapes and wine are the leitmotif of your stay.
The terrace of our Ateliers is adorned with vineyards and from here you can let your gaze wander over the surrounding vineyards.
In the "Wine Lounge" it is possible to taste a great variety of local wines, including our wine, which comes from the native Vernatsch grape.
In the "Nasch Garden" you can pick and taste grapes directly from a row specially created in 2013.
On request, we also organize vineyard tours for you, during which you will be introduced to the art of viticulture, the techniques of grape harvest and the secrets of winemaking.
In addition to organizing activities directly for you, we also inform you about the numerous food and wine events that take place in Caldaro and surroundings such as:
- Guided tours of the cellars and wine tastings in the surroundings of the Hotel Hasslhof on Lake Caldaro
- Wine tours along the South Tyrolean Wine Route
- Bicycle among the vineyards
- Visit to the South Tyrolean Wine Museum in Caldaro. The museum, once home to one of the cellars of the noble Pfleghaus family, offers a journey into the past, following the versatility of the local wine industry. Using a complete collection of ancient tools and objects used for viticulture in the Celtic era, as well as valuable historical documents, it is possible to learn more about the techniques and traditions of wine production in South Tyrol. A wine road in front of the museum will lead you to ancient and rare scaffolding with varieties typical of this area.
- Visit of the museum of the vineyards of Caldaro. It is a private museum at the Lieselehof, whose owner Werner Morandell is also the intellectual author and founder of the museum. On the estate you can see 300 different grape varieties from different parts of the world, all from organic farming. The winery also produces high-quality wines, including „Hundert-Sortenwein“, which contains 100 different types of grapes Tasting and guided tours are organized in the museum.